29 year old Female had a fall from two wheeler and sustained in jury to Right Elbow and was treated with a Above elbow Plaster for 4 weeks in a Peripheral hospital.
Patient came to us after 10 months with a Range of Movement of 50-110deg.
Problems for the Patient:
- Could not eat food
- Cosmetic issue with poor elbow extension
- Could not Lift objects with Straight Arm
Pre Operative X Ray :
Plan of Surgery :
Anterior Release: To achieve Extension
Posterior Release: To achieve Flexion
- Through Anterolateral approach , the elbow joint was exposed
- Capitellum fracture was found ununited which was not evident on X ray.
- Anterior Capsulectomy and Subperiosteal release was done
- Capitellum fracture was fixed with two screws
- Subperiosteal release of Triceps was done upto 7cm from the same incision
- ROM of 10-120 deg was achieved